The Caring Place relies heavily on the work of our volunteers. Each day, we require 30 volunteers to run efficiently for our clients. Because this, we value our volunteers in the highest regard and are pleased you are interested! Some of the different duties and functions of The Caring Place volunteers are:
- Sorting sizing, and replenishing rooms with clothing
- Receiving Donations (food and clothing)
- Registering clients to determine eligibility
- Receiving, sorting, and stocking shelves with donated food
- Packing a variety of foods
- Monitoring the lobby and maintaining the flow of clients from the waiting room
- Mowing and various other yard work chores
- Picking up food from Chattanooga Area food bank, supporting businesses and churches
- Praying, guiding, encouraging, and investing in the lives of the families we serve
How the process works:
1. Print out an application or come pick up an application on site
2. Turn in application to our Volunteer Recruiter; we will contact you to schedule a facility tour once your application is processed
3. After the tour, we will give you to one of our volunteer managers based on preference and need.
4. There is an orientation training session that must be taken within three months of starting and once a year thereafter. Upcoming dates of this training in 2017 are listed below.
|April 24||July 24||October 23|
|May 22||August 28||November 20|
|June 26||September 25||December 11|
From time to time, we will have special projects that require large groups. This is where church groups, bible studies and organizations can help! If you are a large group looking for service opportunities, please contact our Volunteer Recruiter, Savanah Foley at 423-472-4414 or by email at email@example.com.